MozillaZine trolling (split off) Topic is solved

About this bulletin board and the Pale Moon website

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

KenGreeb

MozillaZine trolling (split off)

Unread post by KenGreeb » 2014-07-21, 16:46

Trippynet wrote: Hence I found saying goodbye to FF really quite easy.
However; you and your 13 year old (yeah right :wtf: ) 'pal' Tora Bozo still see fit to troll, hijack threads and deliberately pick fights with Moderators at Mozillazine.
Is someone here paying them for every PM mention ?

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Getting Ready ton leave firefox, forever.

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-07-21, 17:09

Off-topic:
KenGreeb wrote:
Trippynet wrote: Hence I found saying goodbye to FF really quite easy.
However; you and your 13 year old (yeah right :wtf: ) 'pal' Tora Bozo still see fit to troll, hijack threads and deliberately pick fights with Moderators at Mozillazine.
Is someone here paying them for every PM mention ?
Your comment is rather trollish, derails this thread, and seems to be deliberately picking a fight. Perhaps you should look at your own behavior before calling out someone else.

AS FOR MOZILLAZINE.. We have already had (many) discussions about them. It was determined since a small minority has been openly hostile to Pale Moon users, including my self, that it would likely be best to just leave them alone instead of getting into such arguments. Of course no one can mandate to every user who happens to use Pale Moon or happens to be a member of this forum what they should or shouldn't do elsewhere. However, as far as I know from the last time they came up it was discouraged to pursue such a futile goal at this time.

So KenGreeb.. If you need something specific please continue to hang about but if your goal is to call people out and to start arguments then please head elsewhere for we have a browser to build and support which is what this place is primarily for.

I would HIGHLY recommend no one else comment further in regards to this incident. Seriously, lets not add anymore kindling to the fire this person is trying to start.

KenGreeb

Unread post by KenGreeb » 2014-07-21, 17:26

Off-topic:
mattatobin wrote: I would HIGHLY recommend no one else comment further in regards to this incident. Seriously, lets not add anymore kindling to the fire this person is trying to start.
Whatever; ever hear of fighting Fire with Fire, so far this has been a one way street, but should these two PM EVANGELISTS continue their outrageous behavior, rest assured there are a number of KenGreebs registered here.
I think you would be well advised to reel in your cult members ;)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-07-21, 19:20

Off-topic:
Please take your own advice and leave the Pale Moon community in peace. Nobody here is a "cultist" and nobody here is purposefully sending anyone over to "your" forum to stir up shit. I'd certainly think we have a little bit more common sense.

If you are having trouble with people saying things on your forum your staff doesn't want to hear, then feel free to continue using your "established" methods to "cull" them, but please do not let your own moderation woes spill over into a second forum that has absolutely no control over, influence on, or hand in what users do on your forum. If you or "your other kengreebs'" can't behave here, the ban hammer will be applied as it equally will to anyone else not sticking to forum etiquette. That includes issuing underbreath threats. Consider this your one and only official warning.

Thanks in advance for keeping things civil.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

KenGreeb

Unread post by KenGreeb » 2014-07-21, 19:49

Off-topic:
You're going to be using that "ban hammer" an awful lot if these two clowns keep it up.
No control eh, I've read the threads, you are an enabler.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-07-22, 07:28

KenGreeb wrote:You're going to be using that "ban hammer" an awful lot if these two clowns keep it up.
No control eh, I've read the threads, you are an enabler.
I don't think the discussions had are in any way urging anyone to go to another forum to mention PM.
Also, I and other mods will use the banhammer as often as it takes to send any trolls packing. At least we're not baiting and sniping over here ;) AND we give fair warning.
That being said, if warnings are summarily ignored, then, yes. Good Bye KenGreeb. Anyone else feel like they want to be shown the door today? Please step right up so we can just get it over with and we can go back to things that really matter.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: MozillaZine trolling (split off)

Unread post by Night Wing » 2014-07-22, 10:36

@Moonchild

I thought you had a policy where the first three posts by newly registered users "were not" seen by anyone other than you because you had to review them first before they would be seen publicly on this site.

Is this policy still in effect? If not, then it should be because if this policy is in effect, then someone immediately after registering would be prevented from intentionally picking fights in their first public post.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-07-22, 11:49

Initial post vetting is still in effect on this forum. If for nothing else but to prevent spam posts showing up publicly.
So yes, if someone decides to send a troll our way, they will likely either be denied posting, immediately banned, or at the very least red-flagged if the initial posts are borderline.

access2godzilla

Unread post by access2godzilla » 2014-07-25, 03:03

Why is this thread even here? It should have been already deleted.

Initial post moderation will not help here, since these people are employing a technique generally used in spamming:

- Create a post with general remarks (usually of appreciation): http://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php ... 244#p30244
- Start the unwanted activity.

One distinctive feature is that, such posts are very vague, and usually, never mention the product/topic in question.

As to who these actor(s) are will be investigated if/when such activity starts on larger scale. However, I think I know the actor already.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-07-25, 10:54

Initial post moderation does work, because as said accounts will be red-flagged (which results in any and all account activity ending up in a dedicated log file for the attention of all moderators). Flagging will happen on generic posts, and really vague and generic posts are likely to even be refused to begin with, resetting the vetting status. Flagged accounts are monitored closely and will have action taken immediately if misbehaving. Even flooding after the initial vetting procedure only takes one click to clean up.