Magic Actions for YouTube no longer works!

Add-ons for Pale Moon and other applications
General discussion, compatibility, contributed extensions, themes, plugins, and more.

Moderators: FranklinDM, Lootyhoof

cooperb21

Magic Actions for YouTube no longer works!

Unread post by cooperb21 » 2015-02-14, 22:44

Just happend today i think it was just updated and now you cant install it on palemoon and it was the best addon for youtube...

There is no other addons that does all these features.

http://www.chromeactions.com/

megaman

Re: Magic Actions for YouTube no longer works!

Unread post by megaman » 2015-02-14, 23:10

Yeah, I was going to complain about it 2 days ago, but I felt like just going to something else. I returned to my old friend, SmartVideo for Youtube.
There is another but is more buggy than Magic Actions, it's YouTube Center, plus it does so much more.

cooperb21

Unread post by cooperb21 » 2015-02-15, 00:29

megaman wrote:Yeah, I was going to complain about it 2 days ago, but I felt like just going to something else. I returned to my old friend, SmartVideo for Youtube.
There is another but is more buggy than Magic Actions, it's YouTube Center, plus it does so much more.
I tried youtube center its not really user friendly i found i just screwed up my youtube using it :(

I contacted Them to see if they will at least allow to download older versions i cant even find anywhere to do so.

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2015-02-15, 00:40

cooperb21 wrote:I tried youtube center its not really user friendly i found i just screwed up my youtube using it :(

I contacted Them to see if they will at least allow to download older versions i cant even find anywhere to do so.
YouTube Center would hang YouTube sites and any sites that have YouTube videos, it was horrible. I switched back to Magic Actions for YouTube but it was unbearable as well, just not as bad as YTC. Magic Actions will mess up the load where I have to refresh the page and it stopped working, where the video would auto-play when it should just auto-buffer.
SmartVideo for YouTube is lighter, or at least it feels lighter and does the job, plus supports HTML5 Only thing that it doesn't have over the others is the SUPER BOOST that allows more connections to gather the video faster, yet that also crashed the video with an Error.

I e-mailed the Magic Actions for YouTube 2 days ago, like when I first experienced the issue, and they replied right away. One of the topics was to support Palemoon.

cooperb21

Unread post by cooperb21 » 2015-02-16, 11:39

They told me there going to find a solution to the problem with palemoon. Seems like there actually alot more helpful than others some other addons i asked for palemoon support there refused they are trying.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-02-16, 12:19

cooperb21 wrote:They told me there going to find a solution to the problem with palemoon. Seems like there actually alot more helpful than others some other addons i asked for palemoon support there refused they are trying.
That's good news!
It seems more people are actually becoming aware of Pale Moon and willing to adapt their extensions for it in case of trouble -- it just takes a bit of time; most extension developers do this in their free time, after all.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

cooperb21

Unread post by cooperb21 » 2015-02-16, 23:27

Moonchild wrote:
cooperb21 wrote:They told me there going to find a solution to the problem with palemoon. Seems like there actually alot more helpful than others some other addons i asked for palemoon support there refused they are trying.
That's good news!
It seems more people are actually becoming aware of Pale Moon and willing to adapt their extensions for it in case of trouble -- it just takes a bit of time; most extension developers do this in their free time, after all.
True problem is most of them always seem to say same thing is that palemoon has to small of a user base they say its better to just dev from Chrome and Firefox and they have no free time to make it for palemoon not sure how true that is or if its hard to make the addon work from firefox.

tribaljet
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by tribaljet » 2015-02-18, 14:19

Curiously, this isn't the first addon I see that has incompatibility issues when people try installing it but it works if it comes from an older Pale Moon version. I'm using Magic Actions for Youtube as I was on v24.x and older. However, I should note that I don't use the Speed Booster feature (for some reason it caused green screen glitches randomly, tested on different systems), just stopping autoplay, hiding annotations and ads, defaulting to wide window and setting a default resolution, which works most of the time, only forcing me to reload the page occasionally due to playback being stuck at the beginning.

About Youtube Center, can't say I've had that great an experience for the features mentioned above, but was stellar in changing Flash output options.
Portuguese translator of Pale Moon

Cogito Ergo Sum

Unread post by Cogito Ergo Sum » 2015-02-18, 22:35

I used Youtube center, then it seemed to stop being updated, so i used Smartvideo for youtube, but today it stopped working, so i figured Youtube changed once again. It's the first time i hear about this Magic Actions.
All i want is for videos to be 720p, buffer all the way (no dash crap), not autoplay, no ads (adblockplus does that), no annotations, no cc.
All of that used to be Youtube settings before Google broke everything.

eskaton
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by eskaton » 2015-02-18, 23:44

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:I used Youtube center, then it seemed to stop being updated, so i used Smartvideo for youtube, but today it stopped working, so i figured Youtube changed once again. It's the first time i hear about this Magic Actions.
All i want is for videos to be 720p, buffer all the way (no dash crap), not autoplay, no ads (adblockplus does that), no annotations, no cc.
All of that used to be Youtube settings before Google broke everything.
look for the youtube center developer edition. it's more of a beta, but it's semi-regularly updated; there was an update just last week.

Serge1

Unread post by Serge1 » 2015-03-01, 04:11

cooperb21 wrote:Just happend today i think it was just updated and now you cant install it on palemoon and it was the best addon for youtube...

There is no other addons that does all these features.

http://www.chromeactions.com/
The issue has been fixed. Just update Magic Actions to the latest version, 6.8.5.1

cooperb21

Unread post by cooperb21 » 2015-03-01, 04:23

Its working now :D

They just emailed me saying they updated it so palemoon would work again. Some fastest support i have ever had with palemoon and incompatibility of addons.

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2015-03-01, 15:20

cooperb21 wrote:Its working now :D

They just emailed me saying they updated it so palemoon would work again. Some fastest support i have ever had with palemoon and incompatibility of addons.
Tried it again and it still doesn't work. I have Auto-Play disabled but it still auto-plays the video.
SmartVideo for YouTube does prevent auto-play, even on embedded videos.

Also, Magic Actions has this habit of taking a while to load the videos compared to SmartVideo, it's a short time but it's annoying when you can prevent it with SmartVideo.
Plus, if you try to hover over your subscriptions, the Magic Actions toolbar gets in the way and negates your list, it's also annoying.

Serge1

Unread post by Serge1 » 2015-03-01, 16:39

Hi everyone!

@megamen
Tried it again and it still doesn't work.
You can't install on Palemoon? This problem is fixed now, or ...?
I have Auto-Play disabled but it still auto-plays the video.
Stop-autoplay works without flaws (tested). If you have any issue, please read "Help & Tips"

How about Magic Actions features: Instant control over volume by scrolling mouse wheel, Cinema mode, Day/Night switch, AutoHD, Stop-autoplay, hide page elements, hide ads, user info and country flags and etc.

Thanks,
Serge

cooperb21

Unread post by cooperb21 » 2015-03-01, 17:02

megaman wrote:
cooperb21 wrote:Its working now :D

Tried it again and it still doesn't work. I have Auto-Play disabled but it still auto-plays the video.
SmartVideo for YouTube does prevent auto-play, even on embedded videos.

Also, Magic Actions has this habit of taking a while to load the videos compared to SmartVideo, it's a short time but it's annoying when you can prevent it with SmartVideo.
Plus, if you try to hover over your subscriptions, the Magic Actions toolbar gets in the way and negates your list, it's also annoying.
Works fine for me.

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2015-03-01, 17:08

Serge1 wrote:How about Magic Actions features: Instant control over volume by scrolling mouse wheel, Cinema mode, Day/Night switch, AutoHD, Stop-autoplay, hide page elements, hide ads, user info and country flags and etc.

Thanks,
Serge
I never had a problem with installation, it's the Auto-Play that doesn't work, must be the playlist, but I never checked the playlist to auto-play.
Plus, the waiting time for the video to load takes a bit, SmartVideo for YouTube doesn't take that long.
I guess you are trying it without an adblock.

The Auto-HD always works, I always want my stuff default 1080p or max possible under 1080p.

Serge1

Unread post by Serge1 » 2015-03-01, 23:57

I never had a problem with installation, it's the Auto-Play that doesn't work, must be the playlist, but I never checked the playlist to auto-play.
Plus, the waiting time for the video to load takes a bit, SmartVideo for YouTube doesn't take that long.
I guess you are trying it without an adblock.
The Auto-HD always works, I always want my stuff default 1080p or max possible under 1080p.
That's fine, but it's just your subjective opinion. Again if you have any issue, please read "Help & Tips"
I don't even see any reason to compare those two products, they are simply not in the same league... but this is a discussion for another topic.
Anyway everyone is free to choose what it want to use.

- Serge

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2015-03-02, 00:34

Serge1 wrote:I don't even see any reason to compare those two products, they are simply not in the same league... but this is a discussion for another topic.
Anyway everyone is free to choose what it want to use.

- Serge
The three problems I have with Magic Actions, I have e-mailed about some of them:
1. Auto-Play doesn't work on a playlist, when I never checked the option to allow auto-play.
2. Speed booster causes an error and I have to refresh the page.
3. The delay no loading a video, watching the loading symbol for a short while. (Once again, SmartVideo doesn't do this, or it is hardly noticeable. Buffers videos instantly)

Edit:
Speedboost on and it loads pretty fast, despite of the problem. (Referring to the delay thing, it is almost non-existent with Speed Boost on.)
Only thing left is the Error that happens when loading videos with Speed Boost on.
Keep up the good work.

Serge1

Unread post by Serge1 » 2015-03-02, 01:09

@megaman
Contact the support with some more details:
checked options, force player type: Flash or HTML5, OS and browser version, installed add-ons, etc.

- Serge

Daikun
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Daikun » 2015-03-03, 09:57

I've been using YTC for a while and I have a question: Do either Magic Actions or SmartVideo allow grid view on your subscriptions?