Sync servers unavailable?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
inventif

Sync servers unavailable?

Unread post by inventif » 2014-07-07, 13:16

Hi,

After upgrading on two machines from FF30 to PM and setting the syncs (I think I did it correctly), I received the message that the sync process encountered errors and to "click here" to try and resolve (or words to that effect).

The link led me to a 404 at https://sync.palemoon.net/status/

Am I doing something wrong or ... ?

Cheers,

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Sync servers unavailable?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-07-07, 14:21

Sync servers are having degraded performance because of an unexpected impact of a RAID integrity check at the hosting provider.
They should be back to full capacity soon.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

inventif

Unread post by inventif » 2014-07-07, 14:25

Thanks, Moonchild, at least I wasn't "seeing things".

Cheers,

vayth

Unread post by vayth » 2014-07-22, 04:06

Is this problem not solved yet? I've been unable to sync, and it said my password is incorrect (I never logged out from this device). When I click reset password, it's 404 error

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-07-22, 07:08

Sync servers are currently off-line while the data storage back-end is worked on to prevent load issues on the server.
Sync service off-line

The sync service is currently off-line due to issues with Mozilla's Sync 1.1 implementation and the resulting load caused on the physical server running it on.

Alternative solutions and workarounds are being looked into; sorry for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite