Exact URL of DownLoads on DownLoad Page

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
databaseben

Exact URL of DownLoads on DownLoad Page

Unread post by databaseben » 2015-08-11, 16:02

Hello,

I would like to suggest something.

I discovered while analyzing some crime stats / dataset files provided freely to the public from my police department website, that they use the same file name for multiple datasets although each have differing data. For example Jan2015.xls on the prostitute site has different data than the Jan2015.xls on the Larceny Site. Of course, I think the rationale is that all the datasets are derived from the main data warehouse. But loaning out the same file name, creates an undesired phenomenon called "Organized Chaos" :crazy:

Instead, what would help us to bypass this type of scenarios is would be the ability to review on the "show all downloads" page and see the "exact" url where a particular download came from.

At this time palemoon does show us the general website via the downloads page where the download came from. Alternatively, we can also search the "History" and find the particular page from the many others that i had to channel through and drill down to find a particular dataset file during my many hours of research.

However, if by chance the palemoon downloads page could show us the "exact" URL , it would be a little more convenient.

IMO, the feature would also help us to copy that url or retype it which can then take us to the exact site and execute the same process in order to re-download the file. Or at least, to modify the exact URL and help us go into the direction where the download came from.

thanks for your time and all the help for making Palemoon the best browser I have "EVER" used !!!

~dbBen. :wave:

eskaton
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Exact URL of DownLoads on DownLoad Page

Unread post by eskaton » 2015-08-11, 16:07

Using the classic download window, you can right click on an item and select 'copy download link.' Then you can paste there wherever you like to view it.

_Poke_

Re: Exact URL of DownLoads on DownLoad Page

Unread post by _Poke_ » 2015-08-11, 17:38

This also works on the default download window in the library. Simply right click > Copy Download Link