Library and Fownloads in different windows

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
pwiecek

Library and Fownloads in different windows

Unread post by pwiecek » 2015-06-30, 01:42

I originally switched to Pale Moon because Firefox stopped letting me view my bookmarks and Downloads at the same time. Now, Pale moon has also stopped allowing this. I guess I can switch back now.

squarefractal

Re: Library and Fownloads in different windows

Unread post by squarefractal » 2015-06-30, 08:30

Well, what are we supposed to do with your assertion?
You are also free to switch browsers if you wish to do so.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-06-30, 09:08

I am confused by the issue.. Downloads can be accessed one of two ways.. Always from the Library (same place as bookmarks and history) or seperatly in the classic toolkit downloads window) So I am not sure what your issue is...

pwiecek

Unread post by pwiecek » 2015-06-30, 20:31

squarefractal wrote:Well, what are we supposed to do with your assertion?
Oh, I don't know...
...maybe you could try living up to the blurb on the front page?
Front Page wrote:Pale Moon will continue to provide a familiar set of controls and visual feedback similar to previous versions
Matt A Tobin wrote:I am confused by the issue.. Downloads can be accessed one of two ways.. Always from the Library (same place as bookmarks and history) or seperatly in the classic toolkit downloads window) So I am not sure what your issue is...
As of 25.5.0 Palemoon has the same interface as firefox

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-07-03, 08:37

pwiecek wrote:maybe you could try living up to the blurb on the front page?
"Previous versions" doesn't necessarily equate "Firefox 2.0", so a little less snarky would be nice ;)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

pwiecek

Unread post by pwiecek » 2015-07-06, 14:58

I asked a reasonable question (Its been asked before and there's an easy solution) and someone immediately started giving me a hard time instead of giving people a chance to answer it.

jumba

Unread post by jumba » 2015-07-06, 18:21

Off-topic:
Expect you didn't ask anything.

x-15a2

Unread post by x-15a2 » 2015-07-06, 22:54

pwiecek wrote:I asked a reasonable question (Its been asked before and there's an easy solution) and someone immediately started giving me a hard time instead of giving people a chance to answer it.
Hi pwiecek.
I'd like to respectfully point out that in your OP, you didn't ask a question at all, you simply made a couple of statements, then flamed out. I'm not sure why you want a different reaction to your post.

That said, I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for, but I'm able to see both "Library" (which I assume from your OP text to be your bookmarks) and "Fownloads"(sic) (which I assume from your OP text to be downloaded) from a single screen, simply by entering Ctrl-Shift-B or clicking the Pale Moon app button and selecting Bookmarks:

Am I missing your point? Are you looking for something different?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-07-07, 13:12

I think the OP is looking for the classic downloads window, which is a checkbox in options. Check it, and the downloads are separate from the library window.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

x-15a2

Unread post by x-15a2 » 2015-07-07, 17:32

Gotcha, thanks.