Context Menu for the Add-ons Manager

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Context Menu for the Add-ons Manager

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2015-06-02, 01:50

Hi there! Love Pale Moon, it's awesome!! Sorry I had to express what I was feeling. :)

Anyways I think PM is lacking a convenient feature that should be added to Add-ons Manager, a Context Menu. Yes, there's actually an add-on for it but why use one when this could be easily integrated and should have been already. The reason is because this is a browser built for add-ons and runs basically almost off add-ons, so why not have a Context Menu for it. It would contain, in my opinion: Copy Add-ons Name & version, Copy Home page URL, Visit Home page, Search With AMO, Search With APO, Add-on Reviews, Release Notes, Browse Install Directory, Copy Add-on ID and maybe more if thought of by others. Umm there were more options but it was not necessary, they kinda over did it.

Though this is a little more into the future as I thought Pale Moon Add-on Site would be more developed, then again it still handy because of the add-ons on AMO and some of the features I left out or either was removed by the Dev. Well I hope you guys like this and possibly integrate this in the near feature or now. Here is the Link: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefo ... m-context/
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Context Menu for the Add-ons Manager

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-06-02, 04:34

There will be at some point (it is low priority so longer term into the future) some work done on the add-ons manager so it will be evaluated at that point (unless you or someone would like to work on this and get it into the codebase quicker but would have to communicate with us to find out what should be done.

As for the Add-ons Site.. You must understand the site its self is almost entirely created and maintained by my self.. While I have been slowly assembling Add-ons Team Members and starting to delegate some responsibilities out.. I still have to create everything from nothing. But that is happening albeit not as fast as I would like. We do have a repo and an issue tracker for the Pale Moon Add-ons Site where you can keep track of what is happening.. https://github.com/Pale-Moon-Addons-Team/phoebus

Among the projects the Add-ons Team is doing is processing a complete archive of every extension on AMO as of October 2014.. but this is 15 thousand add-ons we have to deal with.. Though I have cut it down to 12k with some bulk sorting.. Still it is gonna take time and before too long I will be making a call for help to every interested Pale Moon user.. As soon as I can work out exactly how that should be managed.

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Context Menu for the Add-ons Manager

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2015-06-04, 03:54

Ok and thanks for listening. Man, I really wish I could do more, but at this moment I'm not that familiar with coding and I fear I will never understand it, well considering my test (my final) grade came back with a C-. Yeah I'm not that good in math, any kind of math in fact! :( But it's ok, when the times right I'll bring it back up.
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime