[Touch user] Add pinch to zoom in page

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
leomate

[Touch user] Add pinch to zoom in page

Unread post by leomate » 2015-03-05, 15:38

I think it's good idea to add that features, it useful if you use touchscreen devices with windows 8.1 series.

Is that possible to add in palemoon like in opera? Maybe in next version of palemoon.

Thank you

_Poke_

Re: [Touch user] Add pinch to zoom in page

Unread post by _Poke_ » 2015-03-05, 17:02

Windows 8/8.1 already does this. Pinching inward simulates CTRL+Scroll Down and pinching outward simulates CTRL+Scroll Up, I believe. This works in every desktop program I've tried, including Pale Moon. (Works as a scroll wheel for anything that doesn't care about CTRL-Scrolling).

leomate

Unread post by leomate » 2015-03-06, 15:28

No zooming fonts and ctrl scroll like in non touch version. I mean in another browser (examples IE and Opera) there's 2 method for zooming (touch screen user zooming like zooming in smartphone) and traditional zooming (which resize elements in webpage but still same width)

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-03-06, 18:05

Pale Moon on windows is a desktop browser and favors percision input devices.

leomate

Unread post by leomate » 2015-03-07, 00:45

Matt A Tobin wrote:Pale Moon on windows is a desktop browser and favors percision input devices.
Yeah and that browser i tested is desktop browser too :)

Nevermind, i got addon what i need called Pinch-to-zoom and Double-tap Gesture Support 0.9.0 and work like i wanted. Legacy zoom with mouse still worked same but with touch you zoom differently.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... double-ta/

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-03-07, 10:25

There are several handy extensions that add specific touch behavior to add this behavior to Pale Moon, as you found out.
Mind you, different people prefer different actions for touch gestures, which is why I'm very reluctant to add anything like this to the browser core, because it'd be a maintenance task in its own to add desired behavior for different devices and make/keep everything configurable. Smart device software should be able to take care of most of this, to begin with.

Note, in addition, Pale Moon has detailed control over what happens with gestures. see about:config's browser.gesture.* preferences -- you may not even need the extension.

EDIT: looked at the extension's code, certainly not something that can be done in-browser already; some smart canvas juggling is done there to provide the full-content zoom on gestures.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite