getObjectPrincipal Scriptable Context

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Crazycatz00

getObjectPrincipal Scriptable Context

Unread post by Crazycatz00 » 2015-02-25, 18:25

Would it be possible to implement bug #952192, which allows calling Components.utils.getObjectPrincipal from script code?
This is actually the biggest problem preventing recent GreaseMonkey versions from running, and from what I understand this function is already implemented, just not callable outside of C++.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: getObjectPrincipal Scriptable Context

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-02-26, 16:27

I looked into the bug and applied it, but it causes build bustage, so backed it back out and I'll have to look into what dependencies are the problem.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

win7-7
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by win7-7 » 2015-03-09, 18:10

Just out of curiosity I would like to know when this could be applied again and have you figured out what dependencies are problem?

Even though I don't use GreaseMonkey applying this will help other users.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-03-09, 18:13

"When" would be when I have figured out the dependencies, which I haven't had time for yet.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite