pinned tabs

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
brainstuff

pinned tabs

Unread post by brainstuff » 2015-02-04, 20:41

Hi,

Pale moon works very fine, but I want to have "pinned Tabs".

And I would have "sub-Tabs" (like sub-Directories) ... When a link in a page page opens a sub page, I want she opens wit ALT - Key hold in a "SUB-TAB".. CTRL+link opens in a new Tab. In this way related pages are under one tab and no need to create groups outside like in Firefox.

This will be also an exclusive feature for Pale Moon...

Thanks
brainstuff

SvenG

Re: pinned tabs

Unread post by SvenG » 2015-02-04, 20:57

brainstuff wrote:Pale moon works very fine, but I want to have "pinned Tabs".
You can have pinned tabs by simply choosing "Pin Tab" from the tabs context menu. ;)
And I would have "sub-Tabs" (like sub-Directories) ... When a link in a page page opens a sub page, I want she opens wit ALT - Key hold in a "SUB-TAB".. CTRL+link opens in a new Tab. In this way related pages are under one tab and no need to create groups outside like in Firefox.
Is this about what you mean?
https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/a ... style-tab/
Don't know if it works in Pale Moon, latest version is incompatible but the one before could work.

Supernova

Unread post by Supernova » 2015-02-05, 03:10

Tree style tab suffers from serious performance issues, sadly. (In addition to the compatibilty thing)

brainstuff

Unread post by brainstuff » 2015-02-06, 13:42

Hi Supernova,

"tree style tab" is an add on and this is the reason for the performance issues. If this is integrated in palmoon, I think this will not change the performance (it is only an other location for the tab).

I have tested Firefox and the create groups feature is a time killer. If related pages will be sub-tabs .. we will have "groups" in a simple way.

I think also that "pinned-tabs" would be bether on the left vertical line (mouse to the left screen side opens the pinned tabs)... not need to take place in the tab zone.

Some of my customers use pinned tabs by example for "read-it-lather" or for currency calculators. I do not like Facebook .. but there are also a lot of facebook-users who will like to have a quick access to her Lnkedin-twitter-facebook page.

But I want that palemoon stays fast .

I would also that the developpers of palemoon take care to the memory ressources. I habve a Firefox installation who has since about 2 years a remaining problem ... and I think it is related to the fact that the concerned computer has only 4 Gb of memory: a message that a adobbe plug in has crashed. I think that this is a memory related problem ... this due to the fact, that Firefox work normally some time (not such crash warning)... and after some time of use the computer the plugin-crash message comes up more and more. Since I use palemoon, I have never seen this crash message ...

thanks,
brainstuff