Save sessions.

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
TheTD80

Save sessions.

Unread post by TheTD80 » 2014-12-15, 09:23

When I do multi-tab browsing and have to leave for some reason or have to restart my pc because of updates, lot of the times I just had to close palemoon and loose/forget what I've been browsing. So I suggest a sessions save function for multi-tabbed browsing.
I figured out if I just force it to close from task manager the session gets saved, I would rather have it as a function instead of forcing it to close. Maybe below "save page as"? Like "save session as".
It would be so neat. :thumbup:

Lucio Chiappetti
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Save sessions.

Unread post by Lucio Chiappetti » 2014-12-15, 10:40

I use an addon, Session Manager 0.8.1.6. I used if with FF and works fine with PM since I moved to it.
I usually keep some 15 tabs open, and the browser open for several days. Occasionally I may hit control-Q instead of some other sequence (usually occurs I type control-Q to quit acrobat but the mouse slips over PM),but then when I re-enter I can restore the last session.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. (G.B. Shaw)

TheTD80

Unread post by TheTD80 » 2014-12-15, 12:48

Pretty useful addon. Thanks for the tip. Installed it and it works just fine.

sIDcORK

Unread post by sIDcORK » 2014-12-15, 15:22

Session Manager is excellent and well worth exploring its capabilities fully.