Tabbed style for Scratchpad, okay ?

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
jangdonggun1234
Fanatic
Fanatic

Tabbed style for Scratchpad, okay ?

Unread post by jangdonggun1234 » 2014-11-26, 17:55

Hi Moonchild, here me again for another suggestion, I think will be really nice if we can manage and run our Scratchpad using tab like Firefox tab feature, this help use alot.
I don't know if this feature is possible or not, but this time there is NO addon can do something like that, but Scratchpad is a really helpful feature that help user a lot when developing web application.

Thank!

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Tabbed style for Scratchpad, okay ?

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-11-26, 18:01

As far as I know there are currently no plans to touch any components of devtools... As they can be tempormental. However, Moonchild will have to make the final call on that.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Tabbed style for Scratchpad, okay ?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-11-26, 20:33

The scratchpad implementation does not support tabs. Implementing such a feature would go way beyond the complexity of what the actual tool offers just for supplying a tabbed UI -- so i really don't want to go that route.

You can, however, quickly open new scratchpad windows (and have multiple scratchpad windows open that way) with Ctrl+N (or from the file menu).

As Tobin said: the devtools are rather temperamental, mostly because they started out as extensions and the integration into the browser core has been really odd. It's a strange mix of Xul, IDL, Jetpack and custom js. Since I see the devtools as they originally started out as: extensions, it's added functionality that actually doesn't have Pale Moon's focus. In fact, if it wasn't for the user base speaking up about regularly using a number of the tools, I would have removed them.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite