When opening a new tab, show:

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: When opening a new tab, show:

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-11-06, 22:40

Pale Moon Commander 1.5.0 has been released which adds a convenient way to change the new tab URL to something custom (whether about:blank, about:home, http://www.disney.com or something else)

Surprisingly, AMO reviewed this add-on almost immediately, skipping almost 200 other add-ons in line :shock:
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

x-15a2

Unread post by x-15a2 » 2014-11-07, 00:39

Fantastic, thanks!
Now... if it were available at https://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/other/ :lol:

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-11-07, 01:15

x-15a2 wrote:Fantastic, thanks!
Now... if it were available at https://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/other/ :lol:
Home page for the extension: http://www.palemoon.org/commander.shtml
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Supernova

Unread post by Supernova » 2014-11-07, 01:50

Well, that's not it's so hard to find, but it's kinda weird to not have at least a redirect for that very useful palemoon addon on the addons.palemoon site !

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-11-07, 02:41

Supernova wrote:Well, that's not it's so hard to find, but it's kinda weird to not have at least a redirect for that very useful palemoon addon on the addons.palemoon site !
I been busy and was suffering from a plague flu cold thing.

DAOWAce

Unread post by DAOWAce » 2014-12-24, 21:00

Had to search the forums to find out what the heck this was.

It was actually painful to open new tabs, as I have a dark theme for everything possible on my PC. Palemoon 25 changed and opened a blank white page with a very transparent palemoon logo, which after looking at dark pages for a length of time, actually caused me to reel back and squint in minor pain.

Thankfully, the fix was a simple about:config edit to change it back to about:blank. Now it's a black screen again and doesn't blind me.

Maybe I'll try that commander utility in future, but for now I'm relatively content. As an aside, does that tool let you control the program icon or do we need to build it ourselves for that?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-12-24, 21:18

The page with logo has a system color as a background, not white. if that is not the case then I guess your dark theme is incomplete and does not define a proper menu color.

DAOWAce

Unread post by DAOWAce » 2014-12-26, 06:42

I use an old version of FT DeepDark (3.2.3) because I didn't agree with a bunch of the design decisions of later versions.

Out of date, yes, but so is my firefox (v28). :)