[Solved] bookmark drop down

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
chevyowner

[Solved] bookmark drop down

Unread post by chevyowner » 2014-10-19, 18:54

Would it be possible to re-add the bookmarks drop down to new versions?
If you don't know what I am referring to I am talking about the bookmark drop down menu that was in 24.7.2. It works similar to pressing alt+b, but is much easier to use when the tabs on top option is turned on.
This is not the bookmark button that simply shows a menu down the left hand side of the browser.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: bookmark drop down

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-10-19, 21:47

If you are using the classical menu (File, Edit, View, etc.) then the Bookmark menu button will not be displayed, since it would be a duplicate control. This is by design.

If you have the classic menu, your bookmarks menu is under bookmarks, and the button is hidden.
If you have the AppMenu (Blue Pale Moon button in the title bar), then the bookmarks menu button is shown (unless you've removed it from the UI yourself).
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

chevyowner

Unread post by chevyowner » 2014-10-20, 03:27

There are two bookmark items that can be added with tabs on top (blue palemoon button) one is a menu one is a button. I am asking about the menu not the button. The menu was removed but the button is still there.
I have currently gone back to on older version that still has the menu because I don't want the button.

The bookmark item on the left is the one that got removed. No I normally don't have both there, but I did it for an example of both the menu and the button.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-10-20, 08:01

No, the menu dropdown button did not get removed. That would make no sense!

I've made a few small screenshots of Pale Moon 25.0.1 that shows both buttons with the AppMenu (like your setup).
Tabs on bottom, tabs on top and tabs in title bar.

As you can see both buttons can be placed just fine.
Image1.png
Image2.png
Image3.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

chevyowner

Unread post by chevyowner » 2014-10-20, 12:21

Something must have gone wrong with the install last time. Its there now, but it was not before.
Updated again, and all is good. Thanks.