"Getting Started" links to Firefox

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Sariel

"Getting Started" links to Firefox

Unread post by Sariel » 2014-10-19, 14:57

Shouldn't "Getting Started" (under the Help sub-menu) link to something Pale Moon-related, like perhaps the main page?

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: "Getting Started" links to Firefox

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-10-19, 15:15

Yes, they should. But we need replacements to be written first obviously.

Supernova

Unread post by Supernova » 2014-10-19, 16:24

Hijacking a little bit this thread - but with the same main idea -; it would be a good idea to add to the defaults bookmarks one relating to PM add-on site, wouldn't it ?

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-10-19, 16:31

Well.. that is available via the add-on manager.

Supernova

Unread post by Supernova » 2014-10-19, 16:41

I know there is a link in the addon manager ; but this is not the same thing.
It's similar to the idea to give a better visibility of the link to the addons site on the main site. (Moonchild didn't answer to that suggestion when it was emitted previously I think ?)
This is based on the fact that yes it is here, yes there is burried somewhere a link, but it is not quick and easy to find for someone who do not know already that it exists.

The only rational I see atm to not do it is simply to delay it until the extension website is "ready enough".

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-10-19, 21:27

It would not be a good idea to make a prominent default bookmark link to a site that is still very much a work in progress.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Supernova

Unread post by Supernova » 2014-10-19, 22:26

Ok, so that's my last hypothesis about waiting the addons site to be "ready enough".

Thanks for answering my concerns.