Privacy

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
theferret

Privacy

Unread post by theferret » 2014-10-18, 14:04

<Pale moon will:^[Use customs settings for History]>

why does <browsing and download history> have to be tied together, I find this a nuisance, though not wanting to keep my browsing history, I find it frustration that my download history isn't kept, and so I have to wander off to my download folder to see if ive downloaded something previously.

Is it not possible to separate these 2 concepts.. could someone please look into it
thank you :?:

sIDcORK

Re: Privacy

Unread post by sIDcORK » 2014-10-18, 15:57

Off-topic:
I've always wondered why anyone wants a download history, stuff I want to keep goes in the appropriate folder, anything else in the bin. But we're all different so it's not a criticism.

Supernova

Unread post by Supernova » 2014-10-18, 16:04

I always found weird that browsing & download history were tied in clearing options.

Trinoc
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Trinoc » 2014-10-18, 16:08

The Download Manager Tweak add-on has various options about saving or deleting history separately from browsing history. I haven't tried deleting browsing history elsewhere (since I don't want to lose it) to see whether that would override the add-on's retention setting.

Jonguy30

Unread post by Jonguy30 » 2014-10-18, 16:29

sIDcORK wrote:
Off-topic:
I've always wondered why anyone wants a download history, stuff I want to keep goes in the appropriate folder, anything else in the bin. But we're all different so it's not a criticism.
Off-topic:
I find it to be useless too. I know what I download. It's just an extra window I need to close. "Download something, wait until it finishes, close download history window". I could do without the last part.

sIDcORK

Unread post by sIDcORK » 2014-10-18, 19:18

Off-topic:
Download Statusbar works for me, in mini mode you hardly notice it https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/download-statusbar/