omtc compositing ?

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
jangdonggun1234
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: omtc compositing ?

Unread post by jangdonggun1234 » 2014-11-15, 11:25

At this time I cannot believe yet, they just show us e10s with 1 UI 1 content RAM, but they plan to release e10s with multi-process just like Chrome.
And Palemoon 25 is fast enough, sad that I cannot use Firebug but I think Tobin will release a pseudo ver soon.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-11-15, 12:28

e10s is in the current Nightly as an option (as long as you don't use IME keyboard input...). I haven't tried it out, but it looks like a separate-process-per-tab setup.
There's plenty wrong with that setup, which I already touched on in other threads on the forum.

By the way, OMTC has been enabled in FF33, and it kills your canvas performance if used. In nightly that performance is OK again so a fix is "in the pipe" but no idea what version that would debut in -- in the release channel it's at least not ready or acceptable (unless you like stuttery HTML5 games...)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

jangdonggun1234
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by jangdonggun1234 » 2014-11-15, 13:26

After some tries I know at this time FIrefox muli-process is one process for UI and one for content, like this:

firefox.exe
-plugin-container.exe as content holder.

But they will become Chrome-like multi-process soon, so we will expect:
firefox.exe
firefox.exe
firefox.exe
firefox.exe
firefox.exe
firefox.exe
firefox.exe

But anyway, the 1st option is really nice, because it opens a way to release RAM by killing process that hold content.