Suggestion for Pale Moon 25: Centered print preview

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
KNTRO

Suggestion for Pale Moon 25: Centered print preview

Unread post by KNTRO » 2014-09-07, 00:16

Hi all,

I'd like to suggest a little idea for coming Pale Moon 25: when showing a print preview it's set to the left screen of the screen. Could you center that preview, just like when displaying a PDF file?

Thanks.

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Suggestion for Pale Moon 25: Centered print preview

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-09-14, 22:11

Printing uses shared backend code. I wonder if it would be just that simple? Then again Most print preview screens do not do this.. But hey! If it can be done without much trouble, I'll write the patch my self. Otherwise our fearless leader may have to look into it.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-09-15, 00:37

I looked for a straightforward solution for this but so far haven't found anything. The code behind print preview is actually rather touchy, I found out a while back, so it's probably a tough cookie.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

KNTRO

Unread post by KNTRO » 2014-09-16, 00:30

Oh, seems like I asked for the Moon and the Sun, the birds in the sky. :D

OK, fellas, no problem. If this can't be done, it can't be done. It was a really minor suggestion after all.

Thank you both for reading this post anyway!

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-09-16, 00:37

KNTRO wrote: OK, fellas, no problem. If this can't be done, it can't be done. It was a really minor suggestion after all.
It isn't that it can't be done it is that it can't be done easily right now and needs more research into it. For now a minor visual change has to take a back seat to other more major things.