Reload button

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
jtpcamp

Reload button

Unread post by jtpcamp » 2014-08-22, 14:52

It sure would be nice if I could designate a tab reload time for individual tabs and have the ability to turn off auto tab reloading for certain tabs.
Sometime auto reloading really messes up my reading a tab when it reloads while I am in the middle of the page and it reloads and I am at the top of the page and I have to scroll down the the point I was at before the reload.

steviem1

Re: Reload button

Unread post by steviem1 » 2014-08-22, 14:58

jtpcamp

Unread post by jtpcamp » 2014-08-22, 16:03

Thanks Steve. You seem to know a lot about Pale Moon. Do you know how to stop it sometimes when I have several tabs open and I click on one and suddenly that tab opens in a new browser window? That is annoying.

jtpcamp

Unread post by jtpcamp » 2014-08-22, 16:05

Also I can not get this site from auto reloading,
http://www.jpost.com/
whenever it want to. UGG!!

steviem1

Unread post by steviem1 » 2014-08-23, 06:59

You need to check your auto-reload settings/time intervals and your tab preferences. Do you use any of the third party 'Tab Utilities'?

jtpcamp

Unread post by jtpcamp » 2014-08-23, 13:23

Yes, I use Tab Mix Plus. On that site I have it set to reload every 100 min and it still does it when it wants to.

steviem1

Unread post by steviem1 » 2014-08-23, 13:54

Okay, in the 'Tab Mix Plus' Options, Go to -> Menu -> Tab Context Menu -> Checkmark - Reload Tab Every - Then right click on the appropriate tab - In the tab context menu make sure there is no checkmark for enabled. (On the website in question this works for me).

BTW as you're using 'Tab MIx Plus' you shouldn't need one of the other third party Tab Reload add-ons.

jtpcamp

Unread post by jtpcamp » 2014-08-23, 14:32

I already had mine set up that way. See screen shot enclosed.
Attachments
Tab Mix Plus.png

steviem1

Unread post by steviem1 » 2014-08-23, 15:06

I'm afraid your screenshot doesn't show me your tab context menu. Please follow exactly what I said in my previous post. And please uninstall your other Tab Reload addon because you may have a conflict there.

x-15a2

Unread post by x-15a2 » 2014-08-23, 16:37

jtpcamp wrote:Also I can not get this site from auto reloading,
http://www.jpost.com/
whenever it want to. UGG!!
According to the page's source, this site auto-refreshes on it's own every 7 minutes, regardless of your settings. Here's the code:

Code: Select all

<!-- refresh site every x minets -->
    <script type='text/javascript'>var refreshSite; refreshSiteInterval();function refreshSiteInterval() {refreshSite=setInterval(function(){document.location=document.location;},420000);};function stopRefreshSite() {clearInterval(refreshSite);}</script>

I don't see any means to disable this on the web site, you may want to contact their site support group to see how\if this can be disabled.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-08-23, 22:05

Off-topic:
jtpcamp wrote:I already had mine set up that way. See screen shot enclosed.
Looks like you too are presented the mobile forum style on desktop.

I'll just have to remove it for now, it obviously doesn't work as-intended.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite