Share button

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
silvermoonwolf74

Share button

Unread post by silvermoonwolf74 » 2014-08-16, 03:25

One click button to share to email, social media, etc. would be really cool.

Thank you.

asmian

Re: Share button

Unread post by asmian » 2014-08-16, 04:30

:silent:
Last edited by asmian on 2014-10-04, 20:20, edited 1 time in total.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-08-16, 08:40

silvermoonwolf74 wrote:One click button to share to email, social media, etc. would be really cool.

Thank you.
Write an addon ;)

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2014-08-16, 10:40

I do not want to see a button of this type incorporated in the core of Pale Moon. Buttons like these are in the realm of add-ons.

Firefox already went a similar route with their Social API toolbar and since I never wanted to see the Social API installed by accident into the Firefox backup version I use, since sometimes other people use my computer and they use my backup Firefox, I blocked Facebook by putting Facebook into my HOSTS file when I'm using Windows 7. I did this on all four of my computers.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Parsifal

Unread post by Parsifal » 2014-08-16, 11:06

asmian wrote:LOLWUT? I'm pretty sure I just read a bunch of posts in this very subforum asking for more security and privacy features. That seems more in tune with the aims of Pale Moon, unless I have misread the mission statement.

The very last thing the Internet (and, though they seemingly don't know it themselves, the users) needs is browsers that encourage people to blurt their entire lives online for everyone to see (whether that's friends, vindictive trolls, NSA/GCHQ, other government entities, random stalkers...) :wtf:
I'd state +1 if it weren't to remind me a sad formula already used. I entirely agree is neutral!
A button opening my session to the world is my last nightmare, the one I expect never to encounter. Perhaps I am typically subjective. Let' say privacy is objective.
For those who are fond of those social things on a network, no doubt an add-on somewhere is ready to accomplish any related task.

KNTRO

Unread post by KNTRO » 2014-08-16, 22:52

silvermoonwolf74 wrote:One click button to share to email, social media, etc. would be really cool.

Thank you.
Hi there!

Have ya tried Shareaholic, ShareThis or Social Share Counts add-ons?

Best.