MSE support

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
cooperb21

Re: MSE support

Unread post by cooperb21 » 2014-12-08, 03:10

Eventually you will need mse to many things require it unless you want to limit users of your browser.

Netflix is very soon going to drop Silver light and you html5/mse and youtube playback at 60fps needs it.

Sajadi
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Sajadi » 2014-12-08, 11:45

how more often it is necessary to tell you the same things over and over again... Moonchild thinks this feature is not ready to implement yet. DRM will never come to Pale Moon as it seems not fitting into the philosophy, i guess there helps no begging and demanding, DRM will NOT come into Pale Moon.

And it was also stated over and over AGAIN that it is NO SURE THING that MSE is coming into the browser, even if it would be finished at some point. Hell, there is some new browser developed which refuses to even add video functionality inside the browser because the dev there thinks that a broswer is only be made for browsing, not for multimedia application stuff. Have read that at the Otter-Browser gith (no, it is not Otter, but a browser which was mentioned there).

Why you do not install Seamonkey as secondary browser! You can't expect that EVERY browser adds the same features, different developers, different strategy, different philosophy! Again... If you, me, any other user DO NOT LIKE THIS philosophy or strategy, feel free to move on.

But for heavens sake, stop constantly asking for the same over and over and over and over again - this gets a bit annoying!

cooperb21

Unread post by cooperb21 » 2014-12-09, 03:11

Sajadi wrote:how more often it is necessary to tell you the same things over and over again... Moonchild thinks this feature is not ready to implement yet. DRM will never come to Pale Moon as it seems not fitting into the philosophy, i guess there helps no begging and demanding, DRM will NOT come into Pale Moon.

And it was also stated over and over AGAIN that it is NO SURE THING that MSE is coming into the browser, even if it would be finished at some point. Hell, there is some new browser developed which refuses to even add video functionality inside the browser because the dev there thinks that a broswer is only be made for browsing, not for multimedia application stuff. Have read that at the Otter-Browser gith (no, it is not Otter, but a browser which was mentioned there).

Why you do not install Seamonkey as secondary browser! You can't expect that EVERY browser adds the same features, different developers, different strategy, different philosophy! Again... If you, me, any other user DO NOT LIKE THIS philosophy or strategy, feel free to move on.

But for heavens sake, stop constantly asking for the same over and over and over and over again - this gets a bit annoying!
Yes i realize that now ill just move on to other things.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-12-09, 05:25

My response is posted here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6368&p=44052#p44052

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-12-09, 11:43

I'm just going to lock both threads at this point, to prevent people who do not take the time to read to ask/complain about the same thing in the same way.

Please take a moment to read the discussion in this thread and the "60fps in youtube" thread before posting more on this subject. Thanks.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite