[SOLVED] Restore closed tab & Multi-login tab

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

[SOLVED] Restore closed tab & Multi-login tab

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2014-07-12, 22:23

How about a Restore Closed Tab Button or Multi-login Tab button. Now those would be neat!

Restore Closed Tab: Many many times, I closed a tab by mistake. So I believe a Reopen close tab button would be convenient, instead of pushing Ctrl+H and then search for the page you accidentally closed out of.

Multi-login Tab: login to multiple accounts, like 2 facebooks, 2 gmails. You know, to view different pages/subjects, but not change the current page your viewing.
Last edited by LimboSlam on 2014-07-14, 06:37, edited 1 time in total.
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Restore closed tab & Multi-login tab

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-07-12, 23:14

Restore closed tab: right-click on a tab, and select "undo close tab"

Multi-login tab: this depends very much on how the website is programmed - normally, you can't log in with multiple accounts at the same time in the same browser session.
However, if you open a private browsing window, you should be able to log in to a different account with the other open in your main window.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Supernova

Unread post by Supernova » 2014-07-13, 02:22

I already use "undo close tab" from context menu. The suggested idea of a button would still have the advantage to be quicker to use. I understand this may not be added though.

KNTRO

Unread post by KNTRO » 2014-07-13, 02:58

LimboSlam wrote:How about a Restore Closed Tab Button or Multi-login Tab button. Now those would be neat!

Restore Closed Tab: Many many times, I closed a tab by mistake. So I believe a Reopen close tab button would be convenient, instead of pushing Ctrl+H and then search for the page you accidentally closed out of.
Ctrl + Shift + T. ;)
LimboSlam wrote:Multi-login Tab: login to multiple accounts, like 2 facebooks, 2 gmails. You know, to view different pages/subjects, but not change the current page your viewing.
Ctrl + Shift + P. You can use your primary Facebook/Gmail account in the regular session's window, and your alternative Facebook/Gmail account in the private browsing session's window. You have to log in manually in the later though. It's the easiest way to use 2 or more accounts of a same website, at the same time, using one web browser only.

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2014-07-13, 08:07

Yes I know all those tricks, but it would really make my browsing easier and more enjoyable. Well I guess convenient functions isn't a what MC was looking for :(
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-07-13, 08:14

LimboSlam wrote:Yes I know all those tricks, but it would really make my browsing easier and more enjoyable. Well I guess convenient functions isn't a what MC was looking for :(
Excuse me?! :wtf:
Why is this being turned around into an allegation I wouldn't want to make it convenient for users to use the browser?
Just because I haven't said anything about offering toolbar buttons?...

How many toolbar buttons do you think the browser needs to have (in the core)? one for each and every single menu entry? :crazy:

If you're that adamant about wanting these buttons, you can create an add-on for it. It would be relatively simple, since all the coding for the functions you want is already included in the browser, you only need to make a button for it that calls the same function.

EDIT: By the way, the ways you can do these things now are not "tricks", they are designed browser features specifically for that purpose. Just because it's not presented in your preferred way makes it neither a trick nor "a deliberately inconvenient way of performing the task".
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2014-07-13, 08:25

I'm sorry MC. I should appreciate what you have done and are doing :D

And again I'm sorry.

ipopescu

Unread post by ipopescu » 2014-07-13, 08:28

Tabmix plus has a "closed tabs" button.

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2014-07-13, 08:34

Hey man thats just how I talk so don't get mad, ok. And again I'm sorry.

the ways you can do these things now are not "tricks", they are designed browser features specifically for that purpose

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-07-13, 08:35

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-07-13, 08:37

LimboSlam wrote:Hey man thats just how I talk so don't get mad, ok. And again I'm sorry.
the ways you can do these things now are not "tricks", they are designed browser features specifically for that purpose
You'll just have to excuse me that I took this a little personal because of your wording.

sIDcORK

Unread post by sIDcORK » 2014-07-13, 09:14

You can have multiple Gmail (and others) logins with https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... xnotifier/ Also does Facebook and other stuff too.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... src=search has a nice button and a drop down for older tabs and closed windows.

Supernova

Unread post by Supernova » 2014-07-13, 11:45

I just thought, why not add a button to the customize menu ?
This way, no need of changing default UI, no need of an add-on for just that, and these who want it could just drag it somewhere.

jumba

Unread post by jumba » 2014-07-13, 14:12

LimboSlam wrote:Restore Closed Tab: Many many times, I closed a tab by mistake. So I believe a Reopen close tab button would be convenient, instead of pushing Ctrl+H and then search for the page you accidentally closed out of.
You can also see the list of recently closed tabs from History -> Recently Closed Tabs menu. This way you don't have to search them. A toolbar button for that menu is not a bad suggestion.

Trippynet
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Trippynet » 2014-07-13, 14:28

I would go with the add-on that MC posted. Seems to hit the nail on the head.

The problem with adding too many icons to the core of PM is if you do this, eventually you right click and select "Customise", only to be hit with a sea of 200 icons you can drag to the toolbar, each one replicating various menu options. What you want gets lost in the sea of buttons and people walk away confused and frustrated. There is such a thing as too much choice!

As it is, if the option is easily available via a right click and keyboard short-cut already, and as there's add-ons available that add a button as well, I don't see the need to clutter PM by adding it in as a hidden icon as well. In my opinion :)

somdcomputerguy
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by somdcomputerguy » 2014-07-13, 17:16

LimboSlam wrote:..it would really make my browsing easier and more enjoyable..
So would searching for addons..
Tab Restore
Undo Closed Tab
I'm sure there are more..
Tab Mix Plus
I use this add-on, it does everything I want and some things that I don't, so I'm glad it's customizable.

As for this Multi Login button thing, I have no idea if that can or has been done.
:cool: -bruce /* somdcomputerguy.com */
'If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.'

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: [SOLVED] Restore closed tab & Multi-login tab

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2014-07-13, 20:34

Hey thanks you guys, all of you :) At this moment I'm trying them out.

And MC, thanks :thumbup:
Last edited by LimboSlam on 2014-07-14, 06:36, edited 1 time in total.

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2014-07-14, 06:34

Ok, I have decided and picked the Undo Closed Tab add-on that MC suggested. This is now officially solved

-THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE :)