{solved} Illogical download manager

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
dark_moon

{solved} Illogical download manager

Unread post by dark_moon » 2014-04-10, 23:05

How to reproduce it:
download a big file, then 3 other files. Then you have this (german):

If i now dl a next file, then the +13 more files gets bigger.
So it looks like i load 13 more files at this time, which is wrong.

The other 13 files are already done. Maybe their is a chance to show this in a better way?
Last edited by dark_moon on 2014-04-11, 07:51, edited 1 time in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Illogical download manager

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-04-11, 06:37

You have 13 more downloads in the list. So it's correct. It doesn't say "active downloads" it just says "downloads".

It's a limitation of the panel-based download manager, this is how it was designed by the Mozilla UX team. One of the reasons why you have the option to use the classic download window or a less minimalistic indicator "Download status" instead of the "Downloads" button you are using. (the one showing 2m and a mini-progress bar in the screenshot). Feel free to drop the "Download Status" indicator in the place of the current one in the navigation bar, and set the settings to how you like them (always show or not, show text or not, tweak colors, tweak tooltip, etc.)
Attachments
dlstatus.png
dlstatus.png (28.23 KiB) Viewed 1294 times
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2014-04-11, 07:50

Hmm okay.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-04-11, 08:01

dark_moon wrote:Hmm okay.
:? Not sure how to take that response...

I'm not about to completely redesign the download panel. It can only show 4 entries, period. The fact that is shows items that have "scrolled off" in a single entry is about the best that can be done in this situation. What would be the alternative? Only showing active downloads? Then you wouldn't know about the completed ones that aren't visible in the panel.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

leegb11

Re: {solved} Illogical download manager

Unread post by leegb11 » 2014-04-11, 08:21

I agree - have to go into bookmarks to get the downloads menu -or I may be missing something!

dark_moon

Re: {solved} Illogical download manager

Unread post by dark_moon » 2014-04-11, 09:20

Its okay. You give me a alternative and all is fine :)
The Mozilla UX team just make damn things.