Suggestion: Darken the Private Browsing session window

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
KNTRO

Suggestion: Darken the Private Browsing session window

Unread post by KNTRO » 2014-03-02, 12:17

Hi all,

I've been thinking of an idea for a long time. I don't know if I can compare my suggestion with this, but I think these suggestions are similar in the sense of big differentiating between a regular/normal browsing session window & a private browsing session window.

Watch these 2 pics below.

This one is from a SRWare Iron 32's regular browsing session:

And this another is from the so called SRWare Iron 32's Incognito Mode session [which is a private browsing session basically]:

Can you see the GUI's top is darker than a normal browsing session window? Well, in my opinion that's terrific! :thumbup: What do you think about this being applied on Pale Moon? If technically possible, what about a B&W filter to Pale Moon's GUI for private browsing sessions? For instance, if you have a Personas installed, show it B&W'ed while in private browsing.

Thanks for reading.

Evil Moo

Re: Suggestion: Darken the Private Browsing session window

Unread post by Evil Moo » 2014-03-02, 13:59

I feel this would be difficult to pull off with the range and depth of various themes in use, even ignoring any technical issues in actually implementing it and any argument as to whether it is necessary or desired in the first place. For example, I have a very dark theme anyway, so making it darker would not likely be that noticeable. Making it black and white would have no effect either as this is already the case for me. I feel the symbol in the 'Pale Moon' button to be sufficient for informing me of which browsing mode I'm in.

dark_moon

Re: Suggestion: Darken the Private Browsing session window

Unread post by dark_moon » 2014-03-04, 22:29

Palemoon have a gui chance when you use the private mode.
See this screen: http://www.palemoon.org/images/screensh ... top-pb.png