New download manager question

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
link68759

New download manager question

Unread post by link68759 » 2014-02-20, 01:44

So pentadactyl has some commands specific to downloading, and the devs claim that the new download manager integrated into firefox20 is 'merely a frontend' and 'the entire backend changed in fx26'.

From what little I can find, I don't think this is right- it seems that the new download manager, 'backend' and all was implemented in v20, and the old download manager is now being removed in v26.

At any rate, I cannot use related features from newer versions of pentadactyl with palemoon24.

So I have several questions:

Is what he said false? If so I can pester him to fix it.

-----If not, do you plan on migrating to v26 soon?

-----------If not, would you consider back-porting the new download manager backend to 24?

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: New download manager question

Unread post by Night Wing » 2014-02-20, 03:57

Right now Pale Moon is based on the 24 ESR (extended support release) versions of Firefox (in the link below) so the current Firefox version is 27.0.1 and it's the equivalent to the newest Pale Moon version 24.3.2 which is also now current.

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/all/

Firefox 26.0 was equivalent to Pale Moon version 24.2.0 and this is a past version of Pale Moon as well for Firefox.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: New download manager question

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-02-21, 18:56

To answer your questions: no, no and no.
The Pentadactyl developer should make sure to properly list compatibility, and you should use a Firefox 24/24ESR compatible version.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite