Clear jumpListCache

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
dallas7

Re: Clear jumpListCache

Unread post by dallas7 » 2013-02-17, 18:15

alan9182 wrote:Why not ? CCleaner works on PMx32 Installed and perhaps PMx64 Installed ( I have not tried but your comment implies the possibility )
and CCleaner last year incorporated the ability for the user to specify the path to Portable Browser Profiles.
"Why not ?"
Heck, if I knew that I could get it to work.

"CCleaner works on PMx32 Installed and perhaps PMx64 Installed"
That's why I used the word... PORTABLE.

"CCleaner last year incorporated the ability for the user to specify the path"
That's why I previously posted up... I do have the path included in my CCleaner environment

:roll:

Granted I should have been more specific. "Not workable in PMx64 Portable," more accurately: After running CCleaner, the files are not cleared out from the PMx64 Portable jumpListCache folder. OK?
Last edited by dallas7 on 2013-02-17, 18:24, edited 1 time in total.

dallas7

Unread post by dallas7 » 2013-02-17, 18:18

"Shut the front door!" as my old Uncle Bob used to say (bless his soul), look what I found out:

Open about:config and set this to false:
browser.taskbar.lists.enabled

:!: NO MORE jumpListCache .ico FILES :!:

Cheers.

alan9182

Unread post by alan9182 » 2013-02-17, 19:57

Actually I was pointing out your possible error when using the word OBVIOUSLY when you said
tho obviously not workable in PMx64 Portable
This implied that you had not bothered to test and might have been unaware that CCleaner as standard now :-
Works for Palemoon even though it uses Firefox as the application name ;
and that Portable versions are now cleaned without individually specifying the location of each item.

CCleaner document how to clean Portable browsers and I think I remember you only need to specify the path to the profile.

it is OBVIOUS to me (though I could be wrong),
that IF CCleaner is able to clean PMx64 Installed, it should also clean PMx64 Portable unless there was something very strangely unique about the configuration of this particular profile.

Any way, glad you sorted your JumpListCache.

Regards
Alan