Duck Duck Go (DDG) JavaScript Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Rollingthunder
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Duck Duck Go (DDG) JavaScript

Unread post by Rollingthunder » 2016-08-14, 20:17

Hi everyone,

as I just read the announcement about removing google, ( :clap: ) , I'd just like to suggest making the non JS Version of DDG the primary site the browser search directs to, if possible.
I just think I'm not the only one (by far) using NoScript and blocking JS by default for any site. So if already using a privacy aware search engine it would be nice not have to enable JS if annoyed by always having to manually click through to the non JS variant.

Regards
RT

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Duck Duck Go (DDG) JavaScript

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-08-14, 22:33

The DDG searchplugin we have has been specifically crafted for pale moon use by the DDG people for us and should be used as-is.

I suggest you allow scripts on duckduckgo domains - if you don't trust them to run scripts, then you should probably not trust them to be your search provider. :)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Rollingthunder
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Re: Duck Duck Go (DDG) JavaScript

Unread post by Rollingthunder » 2016-08-19, 21:37

I have no basis of trust for any search provider. But DGG works with yahoo and Verizon recently announced it would buy yahoo. So that makes them untrustworthy to me, as I can only judge it by a company's history.

It is just interesting that DDG is supposedly more private than startpage, which works with no script allowed. So guess it will become my primary search provider again. Thanks for laughing, though.