Grouped History

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
win7-7
Fanatic
Fanatic

Grouped History

Unread post by win7-7 » 2016-07-26, 10:08

Could Pale Moon implement grouped history like Opera 12 had ( and Seamonkey still has this option) as option? For me grouped history seems more organized than current list style history.I did attach images which can explain better than thousands words can what I mean should be implemented. Basically option to group by date and website.

if there could be add-on that does this that could also be fine solution but I haven't found any add-on that could implement this particular feature when I looked AMO website.
Attachments
Seamonkeyhistory.png
Operahistory.png

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Grouped History

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2016-07-26, 14:01

I would have to say.. Patches Welcome on this.. Maybe if you could point us to the code SeaMonkey is using?

win7-7
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by win7-7 » 2016-07-26, 15:27

Seamonkey source code has this: mozilla/browser/components/places/content/history-panel.js

Could that help you?

Unfortunately I'm not really coder so I probably won't be able to find more from source code. I only do have some knowledge of CSS because fact that I have edited userstyles made by others to my own usage.

sIDcORK

Unread post by sIDcORK » 2016-07-26, 16:47

I think you can already do this in the Show all History (Ctrl + Shift + h) if you select the column you want to sort with, the default seems to be the Time column but it's easy enough to select the Name or any of the others available with a right click.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2016-07-26, 16:51

Yeah it will sort by URL but it will not group them like the OP wants. This sounds like a good enhancement but finding time to implement and/or reverse engineering a working model does take up precious resources.

Besides this kind of enhancement is a "Would be nice" type of situation rather than a "Must have". So it would be researched and/or undertaken when more pressing needs are met. Maybe it can be looked into after we get the new Milestone done.

win7-7
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by win7-7 » 2016-07-26, 17:07

Take all time you need to take. It was just suggestion to improvement I would like to see in Pale Moon at some point. This is indeed not urgent and is "nice to have" type of improvement. Of course focusing to Pale Moon 27/ Tycho milestone is more important.