Firefox Awesomebar results change?

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Skrell

Firefox Awesomebar results change?

Unread post by Skrell » 2016-06-28, 16:03

Will you be integrating the latest visual changes to FF's awesomebar results into PM? I think they are subtle but add a lot. :)

Accelarion

Re: Firefox Awesomebar results change?

Unread post by Accelarion » 2016-08-16, 23:26

No; Pale Moon will continue to the the "classic" UI.
Last edited by Accelarion on 2016-08-17, 18:14, edited 1 time in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-08-17, 07:43

Accelarion wrote:No; Pale Moon will continue to the the "classic" UI.
That being said though, We are of course open to constructive suggestions that would fit in the current UI and that would be beneficial to users.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Skrell

Unread post by Skrell » 2016-08-17, 14:29

Moonchild wrote:
Accelarion wrote:No; Pale Moon will continue to the the "classic" UI.
That being said though, We are of course open to constructive suggestions that would fit in the current UI and that would be beneficial to users.
I'll post a pic of what I did to my awesomebar tonight using stylish and css... It's mostly in vein of FF48 but I'm not very good at css so it's my interpretation.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-08-18, 12:49

If you're thinking of 1-line search results over the full width of the browser, then I'm not inclined to accept that suggestion as default. The 2-line format has a number of advantages for desktop use (the 1-line format seems to be a mobile consideration).
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite