New Tab Button on Navigation Toolbar

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
fjrman

New Tab Button on Navigation Toolbar

Unread post by fjrman » 2016-05-11, 20:11

I don't always show the tab bar. I haven't clicked that option in "Tabs". For much of the time I'm only using one tab so the tab bar is unnecessary.

For those times where I want to open a new tab I typically use the keyboard shortcut. Sometimes I open the "Pale Moon" drop down menu and click on New Tab.

You have a "New Window" button which can be added to the navigation toolbar.

I'd like to have a comparable "New Tab" button which I could add to the navigation toolbar. Obviously you have one on the tab bar but if you don't have the tab bar open that button can't be accessed.

Maybe you offer this button and I haven't found it. Thanks.

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: New Tab Button on Navigation Toolbar

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2016-05-11, 20:17

Just drag it to the Navigation Toolbar?

fjrman

Unread post by fjrman » 2016-05-11, 20:35

Can you have a New Tab button on the tab bar and the navigation toolbar?

Don't want to move the button from the tab bar.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2016-05-11, 20:40

No that is not possible without additional code to make it happen. This would be the perfect target for a very simple Toolkit (Overlay) extension to provide the duplicate functionality.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2016-05-11, 20:55

You could try this site for custom toolbar buttons: https://codefisher.org/toolbar_button/toolbar_button_maker/.

I just installed a 'New Tab' button from this site. It worked as expected.

fjrman

Unread post by fjrman » 2016-05-11, 23:21

I moved the new tab button from the tab bar to the navigation toolbar.

In that location the button is always available.

I didn't realize I could move the button from the tab bar. I assumed it was a fixed feature.

I assume I could also use mouse gestures to open new tabs.