All tabs drop down text menu (option) Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Advid

All tabs drop down text menu (option)

Unread post by Advid » 2016-02-05, 12:26

Hi and thanks a lot for this browser.

I miss the old tab listing as a drop down text menu with small favicons.

I understand that the (not so) new miniature light table presentation is more modern, some people like it this way and I won't argue about it.

But overall I fell more comfortable with a simple drop down text listing :
  • More information is displayed: superior text length means less confusion between two similar tabs where the title difference is after the 10th character or so.
  • Eye path is much more effective, straight top down glance on one column.
  • With a large number of tabs the efficiency of the listing decrease much more with the miniatures than with the menu (miniatures begin to have very reduced information and long path to search on a big array)
  • Slight superior privacy in open environment
This first point has upset me a few times, when I couldn't tell the difference between two miniatures with the beginning of their title.

Feature request:
An option to get the old tab list.
I hope this isn't too much dev, since the code has been there before.
No one would be hurt: miniatures remains the default for all tabs button.
Is there a way to sponsor a suggestion with a donation?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: All tabs drop down text menu (option)

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-02-05, 12:52

This option is already present.

e.g. through the Pale Moon Commander extension for easy configuration:
pmc-alltabs.png
Or alternatively through about:config by setting browser.allTabs.previews to false
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Advid

Re: All tabs drop down text menu (option)

Unread post by Advid » 2016-02-05, 13:10

That's . So . Great !!!
Thanks a lot.

I suggest it could be a bit more advertised, I'm not sure how or where. Maybe as a tick box in tabs options / preferences menu. (without extension)

Ok then I'll just send my donation without sponsoring any suggestion :)