A feature for the philosophical level of Pale Moon development.

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Evi1M4chine

A feature for the philosophical level of Pale Moon development.

Unread post by Evi1M4chine » 2016-02-05, 09:52

Hey, I noticed the following on the technical details page:
This browser aims to strike a balance between features and speed.
And I recognized a fundamental pattern for which I have another way of thinking that largely improved my life:
Whenever you see something that looks like an either-or… try turning it into an AND.
In this case, that means that instead of choosing between adding a feature, or going for speed, you decide that said feature shall not harm but even improve speed, and the added speed will enable new features! And then, simply declaring that to be a fixed point, you imagine how the rest of the thing will look, and that’s what you then do.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: A feature for the philosophical level of Pale Moon development.

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-02-05, 12:59

Nice to strive for, but that's not how programming works :)
This isn't a malleable organizational structure that is driven by flexible individuals, this is hard code. Anything added to the browser has a cost. Tit for tat.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite