Proper desktop-oriented Sessionrestore window Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
blind12
Moon lover
Moon lover

Proper desktop-oriented Sessionrestore window

Unread post by blind12 » 2016-01-31, 03:54

Mobile-oriented design (using only the center of screen, using large fonts, large buttons easy to hit with stubby fingers) has ruined most of the web these days. And it has creeped into application design a lot, including Firefox and therefore Palemoon.

The Sessionrestore window, while not the worst offender unlike the Addons window, annoys me a lot as I must deal with it a lot, due to the instability of Palemoon on my system.
The session saver crashes sometimes days earlier than the rest of the program, so there's a lot of old crap in the sessionrestore window that needs to be unticked.
And I cannot see much anything due to the mobile-oriented centre-of-screen-only thing.

So I always play around with Element Inspector to remove all the excessive padding and I arrive at my perfect desktop-oriented Sessionrestore window where I can actually see things.
I'd save this look, it references two CSS files (neterr.css and aboutsessionrestore.css I think), but I cannot find them anywhere, even with full HD scan with "search in archives".

Where might I find the two CSS files to make the change permanent?

And shouldn't the window look something like this by default?
Attachments
Restoresession request-ed-rez.png

dark_moon

Re: Proper desktop-oriented Sessionrestore window

Unread post by dark_moon » 2016-01-31, 10:38

If you have stability problems with your system then please open a own thread for that.

I didn't realy see a any reason why the current session restore window need a remake. It works and in the most cases no one see that window much.

blind12
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by blind12 » 2016-01-31, 10:59

dark_moon wrote:If you have stability problems with your system then please open a own thread for that.

I didn't realy see a any reason why the current session restore window need a remake. It works and in the most cases no one see that window much.
I did open a thread. No solutions, possible suggested reasons were an old display driver (old HP laptop with Ati FireGL V5600, newer official ones not available) and issues with Windows profile (I'm not willing to start over with an empty profile at the moment).

Even a window rarely seen should use all usable space and make its contents properly visible : )

But at the moment I'd be happy if I just knew where those 2 CSS files reside and could edit them.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-01-31, 11:58

I'll add it as an enhancement to the GitHub tracker. It should be easy enough to adjust this to use more screen space.

The reason you can't find the referred-to css file is because, for performance reasons, all these individual files are packed together in a single archive file.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

blind12
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by blind12 » 2016-01-31, 14:08

Moonchild wrote:I'll add it as an enhancement to the GitHub tracker. It should be easy enough to adjust this to use more screen space.

The reason you can't find the referred-to css file is because, for performance reasons, all these individual files are packed together in a single archive file.
I actually searched the whole HD with Total Commander's "search in archives". Maybe Total Commander is not as perfect as I thought.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-01-31, 14:13

TC will only search in archives with known extensions (for logical reasons like performance and not "guessing" what something is and giving bad results). It will have skipped the archive in Pale Moon.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

blind12
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by blind12 » 2016-01-31, 23:01

It sure searches through MAFF, for instance.

Might you kindly point me at the archive where the two CSSes are located? : )

blind12
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by blind12 » 2016-02-02, 23:19

Nvrmind, found the 2 omni-s.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-02-14, 12:28

I've re-styled it to make better use of screen space than the default net error space.
Attachments
sessionrestore2.png

blind12
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by blind12 » 2016-04-02, 03:33

I can't see a difference, other than maybe the colour scheme?

So I just edited the style files in omni.ja-s again.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-04-02, 11:57

blind12 wrote:I can't see a difference, other than maybe the colour scheme?
I guess you're not looking closely enough at the screenshot.

Also, this will be in the next release.

blind12
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by blind12 » 2016-04-04, 23:00

OK the list window is probably bigger than the default one was, I haven't seen the default for a while and don't quite remember, as I use my own version: )

blind12
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by blind12 » 2016-04-11, 14:35

Todays update brought visible changes and CSS changes.