movable status panel in status bar

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
tpcsanh
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

movable status panel in status bar

Unread post by tpcsanh » 2015-11-10, 20:04

Hi,

I would like to be able to move the status panel to another area of the status bar. Hopefully, I am using the right terminology. Currently it is locked to the right hand side of the status bar.

Is this possible now - with a tweak to Pale Moon or an extension?

Thanks,

Kevin

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: movable status panel in status bar

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-11-10, 21:34

Then simply move it.. Right click on a toolbar and select Customize from the context menu. Then simply drag and drop :)

tpcsanh
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by tpcsanh » 2015-11-11, 00:24

I tried that, but it doesn't work here.

CipherFox uses it. Attached is a screen print (Customize is enabled). When I place the mouse over the area, I do not see the hand appear. I have tried moving it without the hand appearing, but no luck.

The Classic Theme Restorer extension for Firefox has it as one of their options (Movable status panel).

Thanks.
Attachments
Status Panel - CipherFox.PNG
Status Panel - CipherFox.PNG (6.23 KiB) Viewed 1633 times

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-11-11, 01:46

Oh... That is the classic statusbar item container. Yeah that can't really be moved.. Not off the status bar. Sorry..

Sowmoots

Unread post by Sowmoots » 2015-11-18, 21:24

Hello tpcsanh,

You cannot directly move the status panel item, but as a workaround you can move other items in the status bar around it. Drag another item to the right of the panel and it will move to the left. For example in the screenshots below I've moved all my status bar items to the right of the panel which pushes it to the left end of the status bar. You can also experiment with the space/flexible space items if you need more granularity in the positions.
Pushing the status panel to the left with other items.
Pushing the status panel to the left with other items.
Pushing the status panel to the left with other items, in customize mode.
Pushing the status panel to the left with other items, in customize mode.
Note that I've installed Cipherfox just for the screenshots, but I also have Nosquint which uses the same area, so you see them bunched together.

tpcsanh
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by tpcsanh » 2015-11-20, 01:08

Excellent. That works.

Thank you Sowmoots!

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2015-11-20, 09:17

I open a request for Cipherfox. We will see if the developer fix it.

https://github.com/gavinhungry/cipherfox/issues/33