Sync server troubles

Pale Moon releases and site news
(read-only)
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Sync server troubles

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-01-18, 19:57

I've run into some serious problems with the Sync server upgrading hardware, and at this point it looks like a server OS rebuild is necessary.
All Sync data has been backed up and at first glance looks to all be in order, but reinstalling the server OS and sync server software is obviously going to take a lot more time. I'm waiting for a few bits of feedback from Linux people and the VPS provider, see if it can somehow be repaired in-place, but it doesn't look promising at the moment.

I'll add more news to this thread as things develop.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Sync server troubles

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-01-18, 22:24

I decided it was best to not take any chances and simply wipe and rebuild the server from scratch. Since I know exactly what's needed for sync, it shouldn't be too terribly difficult to get a working system relatively quickly again; just not my choice of spending my Sunday ;P.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Sync server troubles

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-01-19, 02:10

3 am: Sync is put back into production - It may still need some performance tweaking over the next week, but should be ready for use.