Incorrect listing on SoftPedia

Pale Moon releases and site news
(read-only)
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Incorrect listing on SoftPedia

Unread post by Moonchild » 2013-09-18, 20:38

There seems to be an issue with SoftPedia's listing of Pale Moon, who state that:
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Includes third-party components or services not necessarily related to the program's functionality but intended to somehow generate income for the developer
This statement is INCORRECT. Pale Moon is not ad-supported software. It does not display ads, and Pale Moon does not and never will include any form of adware, spyware or "piggybacked" trial/commercial software in the browser or installer.

I'm working with the editors of SoftPedia to get this straightened out ASAP.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Incorrect listing on SoftPedia

Unread post by Moonchild » 2013-09-19, 18:26

Update: the SoftPedia editors have corrected the listing to properly reflect the licensing status of Pale Moon being distributed under the Mozilla Public License. :thumbup:
http://www.softpedia.com/progClean/Pale-Moon-Clean-141741.html

Sad part: I had to find this out for myself, not even a single e-mail was sent to inform me, let alone an apology for this potentially damaging act. :problem:
EDIT: I did receive an apology eventually. In the end I'm just glad it got straightened out, even if I had to write pretty much a full dissertation to them on what ad-supported software is ;).
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite