Changes in this version:
- The identity panel has been redesigned, both for potential abuse of the new logic implemented in version 15.1 and because people clearly indicated that they would want to see the padlock permanently present on secure sites, while still seeing the favicon.
The padlock has been made a separate indicator now, and will be shown on SSL (HTTPS) sites, to the right of the domain name (domain verified) or company name (extended verification) information in the identity panel, by default. A few options have been implemented for style, including "old school" display of the padlock in the status bar of the browser. For more information about how to change the location of the padlock, see the Pale Moon Tweak Guide (PMTG)
The padlock will indicate whether a site is secure (gold padlock), has extended verification (green padlock) or if there is a problem with security (low-grade encryption or mixed content). A click on the padlock will open a details window with security information.
- The address bar now has either a blue or green slight shading (border) for SSL sites, further clarifying that you are on a secure site. This can be disabled if desired via about:config. See the Pale Moon Tweak Guide (PMTG) for instructions.
- Address bar auto-completion is now on by default.
After re-evaluating the auto-fill algorithm, autocompletion of domains on the address bar has now been enabled by default. This may interfere with searching from the address bar for some people, but:
- You have a search box on the right, you can use that, which has the intended functionality
- You can press space or another key to remove the auto-filled portion before pressing enter
- You can disable autocompletion from the Pale Moon status bar options:
Status -> tab Address Bar -> Firefox compatibility
- Partial Japanese implementation for status bar options (preferences only)
- Important performance regression fix.
- Fix for the "tabs on top" menu entry not showing when tabs are already set on top, making it very difficult to switch them back to bottom.
Firefox 15 removed the context menu entry for "tabs on top" when tabs were set on top, making it impossible without going into about:config to set them to being on the bottom once you had changed it. This is considered a serious UI bug for Pale Moon, because it destroys intuitiveness for this option (you cannot use the same method you used to set them on top (context menu in the UI), to switch them back to being on bottom (having to manually change a parameter in about:config)). To make matters worse, this problem would only occur after a browser restart, meaning the UI would change simply because you closed and restarted the browser, removing this menu option.
- Crash fix: Fix for a browser crash with certain types of invalid gradients. (bug #792903)
- Security fix: Prevent private browsing data leakage through popup windows (bug #795015)
- Security fix: Detect IC purging (bug #794025)
- Security fix: Prevent mRules from dying in DoInsertHTMLWithContext (bug #788950)
- Security fix: Drain the parent frame's overflow list before insert/append (bug #765621)